Post Power Syndrome.

12:23:00 AM

I'm feeling quite weary these days.
I am leaving a position in Student Council Universitas Ciputra soon. It's been almost one and a half year. Less than a week again, I'll be a regular student of UC. I won't be a member of Department 2 of SCUC anymore. 



Have you ever heard of Post Power Syndrome?
It is a phenomenon, a hollowness that hits you when you leave certain "greatness" of your life. It can be career, look, intelligence, etc.  







I've been a hyper-active person in campus in the past three years. And here's the journey:
P.I.A. 2012, event division.
Big Dance Crew 2013-2014, leader.
Psychosnap 2013, event division.
MC of PSY UC Parents Gathering 2013
O-Week 2013, Plan and Concept Department.
Renzulli Seminar 2013, LO division.
Student Council 2014-2015, member of Department 2 of Humanistic and Student Living.
MC of HIMA 2014 Inauguration
UC Art Night and Charity 2014, President.
LDK SCUC 2015, inventory division.
This was the journey of my university organization life. They let me know, work with, and learn from incredible mentors and workmates, boosting my soft skills in a way I never imagined before. Though sometimes I take for granted, these experiences and moments are irreplaceable.

Not all things went as I planned out when I started. I was actually aiming for the coordinator of Force Security Department in O-Week, it didn't happen. I was also aiming for at least one year of experience for at least being a member of it, it didn't happen. And now with this syndrome, I suddenly regret that I didn't try a chance to be the president or a head of department in SC.

That is why it feels so hard for me. I used to be so active. It's like a huge chunk is being scooped out of my life. That huge chunk is my university organization life. I also failed to achieve some goals but made peace with it. But now it is all over. I'm wrapping it up and in the next year, I will be a simple student focusing on his thesis. And then I'll have to say goodbye to this university, and enter the jungle of real life. Moreover, what makes it hard is that I I have to start learning from the bottom-zero again, how to really live as an individual, not as a student anymore.

I think I have to start to aim another goals and dream another dream. A bigger one, to fill up this hollowness.

Whatever you are doing right now in your life,  it might be boring or burdening at times. But someday you might miss it. So, do it with your best effort. Hopefully in the future when you look back, you'll be able to feel satisfied with what you've done and tell the tales to your children.

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks