Hello 2014

8:44:00 PM

Howdy! How's your new year going? I hope it's been a good start!
So I spent my 00:00 playing fireworks and photographs in my Batu house. And this is a snap of it:


Captured with slow shutter by tedjomichael (IG)

How's yours?


Don't you feel that new year holiday is always the time when your out-of-town friends are back in town and therefore means let's-hangout(s)? Mine are back; the Malaysian, the made-in-the-US, the Jakartan, and another Jakartan. And they are up for paybacks for missing the now-hot places in Surabaya. It clearly cancels my "save money" mission again and again, but quality time always worth spending!



With Malaysian girl, Nella.

With the made-in-the-US, Virgin.

The Jakartan pelayaran boy, Alvin. (no photo)

The Jakartan girl 2nd from right, Devina.


Suddenly I'm missing college. Those schedule arrangements, writing notes, walking in the middle of another sok-study youths, even picking up boring clothes to wear that day. Wow! I miss it a lot. A too-long holiday isn't always nice. There's a part of me that loves being busy. That's normal, right? I admit that I was too sucked up in love and hangout things in the previous semester that my GPA lowered. Well I'm clearly paying myself back this semester.

I found 2 phenomenons in Instagram that is quite interesting. Here they are:

1) I follow you follow back if you don't then I unfollow
Some IGers are following people to get followed back, and if they don't they'll cancel the follow. C'mon, it's 2014 already. Following people means you're interested in their posts. So if you think someone's post is not really interesting (yes, I softened the words) for you, well you don't have to follow. People have their own interests, so not following shouldn't be a social crime, should it? Not following someone doesn't always mean you don't like them. To be honest, I'm not the follow-for-follow kind of guy, even to my best friends. And I still love my friends in daily life. Friendship isn't defined by social media mutuals, right? (Now I bet I get unfollowers in secs..)

2) Girl go you pretty you prettier
When a girl take a selfie and post it, some other girls will comment like "pretty siss <3" or "uayuu ceee" and the poster will reply like "you prettier :*:*" or "kamu ya ayuuu ;))". I find this in almost every of my girl friends' Instagram. I never find "thank you emang aku pretty :)" atau "iyaa not like you ;)". We guys are like, harus tah? What if you think the other girl is not as pretty? Well what if I post a selfie and someone says "handsome bro" and I reply "you more handsome :)"? Don't even think about it. It's kinda gross.

What do you think?

I hope you have a great year ahead!
Good luck!

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks