Neutral / Two-Faced ?

8:30:00 PM

Tuesday, April 10th 2018 |

Sometimes being open minded can make you seem like you have double standard. Or worse, two-faced.

This past few months, some of my closest friends who are couples were hitting rough path in their relationship. Being an open mind that I am, I try to be neutral. For me, no one is completely right nor completely wrong. No one is the bad side and none is the good side. I don't really fancy that game. And even if, it is 99% someone's fault. I don't side with the other one. I don't choose sides. Yes, I might support the other one to take action and save themselves, but no. I never side with anyone. At least not when it doesn't come to abuse or harm.

To sum it up, personally for me my close friends' relationship is only a part of their life, and they are in complete control of it. I never see my friend as "their relationship". People just have their own ways of handling relationship and that means their relationship doesn't define them. So yes, even when I loathe someone's attitude in a relationship, I never loathe them as a human, moreover when it comes to the people close to me. So yes, I would still be close with everyone even though I don't support their relationship.

Apparently. In the midst of these relationship dramas (yes, there are more than one couple :) ) I'm standing between, there's a party who started thinking that I'm two-faced and actually siding with their partner. And started shitting on me with avoidance, cold shoulders and stuffs. At first, I tried to think positively, that it was just a bad day. But this person kept doing it after a few days.

At times, I thought I should reflect and be bolder with the sides I was on. But no, I don't wanna be that person. I am bold enough with my gray area. I won't be black or white just because someone wants me to. And if losing a good friend was the risk of it then so be it. It just means that they aren't grown enough to deal with the complexity of social relations. That's it. I don't wanna have to ask for friendship. If you can't afford it, then begone. 

It's been a long time since I wrote about friendship. haha. But I feel like I just want to let it out because it's been bugging me. The way people behave are just weird.

You Might Also Like

3 feedbacks