Welcoming 22.

12:20:00 AM

Source: mayhemandmuse.com
Birthday. Again.
It was not as exciting as it was when I was ten. Or at least twenty. Me, a small matter who just emerged from a simulator called education into a jungle called real life. I mean, what's so important about me then?

Two weeks ago, with a shallow excitement about birthday, my crew leader offered me to represent Last Minute Street Crew in Asian Battleground 2016 in Jakarta. The winner will represent Indonesia to go to Asian Battleground in Malaysia. I took it to consideration since I knew that it was on my birthday. Spending birthday outside my hometown where my friends and family reside in? No way. But then again, my emo mind said, "no one cares anyway" and I think spending my birthday to rep my crew will at least make myself a better use. So I decided to say yes. Bye, birthday.

To be honest, I didn't really have the money to afford this dance trip. I even borrowed some from my mom. But payday is on the way, I thought. So there goes. Before I departed, my dad suddenly send me some money, enough to survive there. Thanks dad! He was so caring that he even gave me some supplement pills before departing. That was a remarkable support coming out from him.

Long story short, we went to Jakarta on Friday, 26th. Me, MP, Edope, Bobby, and Kak Black. We were picked up at the airport by Tara and Inez from O2 dance crew. We spent our nights at Tara's. Past midnight no one seemed to notice my birthday. There were only 3 people who sent me messages, and they're all my exes. haha. Then, I decided to sleep the sensitiveness away.

In the morning, on the way to the venue, some of my best friends called and messaged me and gave strong encouragement. They told me how much I was valuable to them, believed in me and my future, and how we shared impacts to each other's life. Suddenly, it was a delightful morning for me. My mood shifted, and I had this positive vibe going on (Thank you Joditha, Ipin!). Along the day, there were more and more encouraging wishes. God, how can I be so blind about the fact that I have such great and caring friends?

Competition.
The preliminary round was dance performance, and the semifinal & final were crew battle. We managed to get to top four. Which then led us to semifinal, then final. The final was intense. Our competitor was just wow. They have strong connections one another, they have this strong aura coming out of them (they wore black. told ya, black works perfectly). While personally, I think my team needs a lot of improvement on connection. They were just wow. Well I don't know how we were, you can't really judge yourself right. In the end, I was kind of prepared to get any result. Win or lose, it's OK. Suddenly, the judge announced our name as the winner.


I was utterly in shock. Then this rush of emotions flowed inside me. God is so kind to me. I foresaw this gloomy birthday. But this was not gloomy at all. I got something to look forward to, repping Indonesia in Malaysia Asian Battleground 2016 to compete with other Asian countries. One of my dance goal this year is going to be crossed off my list: Join an international dance competition. God made it happen. As bonus, my plane ticket will likely be refunded by my comunity as we we're on the 1st place.




After the competition, we hung out with O2 dancers to celebrate. It was a good night. Then we got home and I fell asleep while the others were watching TV. Suddenly, I was woken up by them singing happy birthday. There were candle lights on top of burgers and fries. Wow. We knew each other for one day and they gave me a surprise. That's something! Thank you, Tara, Inez, Danzel, Stefina, and my team. I feel so grateful and loved.


We spent the next day hanging out, shooting, shopping. We laughed a lot and I felt comfortable with them even though we just got to know each other. It felt like we've been friends for years. They are such warm people. Again, I felt comfortable and loved. Then they sent us off to the airport. I thanked God once again for this birthday gift: a dance trip with a winning, a goal checked off, great new friends, something to look forward to, and so much more.

As we arrived in Surabaya and went outside, my closest friends were already there holding a banner  with my name on it and sang Happy Birthday to me. And that was not expected. At all. They brought a cake which is their own-made (thank the chef, Eric and BonBon!). Thank you, also for Ivan, Lia, Samantha, Ipin, and Pikok! Again, I felt so loved. I thanked God for this life.



As all of this happened, I realized that all this time I was feeling ungrateful. Why did I feel so unspecial? Why did I feel so shallow? I have a caring dad. I have a great dance life. I have friends who cared about me. I have God who never gives up on me. And so much more that I let myself be blinded to. It was me. I was the one who chose not to see those beauty and be grateful. I was too greedy and only wanted more and more.

Thank you, God. I will learn how to feel enough. I will embrace the beauty that I have around me, and not take them for granted. I will be happier. I promise.

Source: www.magic4walls.com

Welcome, 22!

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks