Hello 2018

12:06:00 PM

Monday, January 1st 2018 |

Peace in the middle of storm.



Happy New Year, everyone. I hope 2018 will be one hell of a ride for you.

Finally, I can sit down, relax, and write.
No, I am not in my own comfy room with all the comfort. I am in the middle of a bazaar where I am the tenant relation and there's been an absence of crowd in the past 4 days, at which point you can imagine how the tenants are keen on hunting me down for some kinda justice. haha.

But yeah, I guess somehow I can sit down and chill in front of my computer and have my own world surrounding me in the midst of tension.

Wow, can't believe it's new year. I didn't even have the time to reflect what I went through in 2017, or think about my 2018 resolutions. If you know me well, I believe in New Year. Every year, I would write my resolutions in a post. But this year? hmm I might do it later.

2017 has took me on such a ride. To sum it up, I got out of my job at the start of the year, and got a new job. Applied for scholarship but rejected for silly technical reasons caused by a third-party. Fell in and out of love several times. And many other things. To sum it up and honestly speaking, it was not the best year for me. But like any other years of my life, it has given me new lessons and challenges. Goodbyes and new beginnings.

Now as my scholarship application was rejected, I am faced with choices that will greatly affect my future. Well, it's the perks of growing up. You have to make decisions and no other people is responsible for that, you are. A month ago up until now, ever since I heard the news I've never had the chance to even sit down and feel sad for it. Too many works to do. I had a plan to travel to Bali alone for a sit-down-and-talk-to-myself moment, but still, there was literally no time for that. As this bazaar comes to an end, I really should plan something soon.

Okay, so that's a long intro. Now here are the gems in 2017:
1. Memorable Bali Trip at the start of the year.



The most memorable part was the cliffjumping. It taught me to conquer my fears. Many times in life you just gotta shut up, suck up, and do that jump. Spending too much time thinking does nothing better than magnify your fear.

2. BeautyFest Asia 2017




Being an LO for the all-wonderful Peary-Pie? What a great experience. I've never accompanied such a humble, thoughtful and inspiring artist with super open mind. Plus, it was a great english-practice for me.

3. Nippon Paint Dance Trips


In the first quarter of the year, me and LMSC went on a dance performance spree almost every weekend in 5 cities: Jember, Makassar, Banjarmasin, Surabaya, and Bali. It was my first time stepping my feet in Makassar & Banjarmasin. Dance takes me to places I've never been to before.

4. Thailand Trip with My Fam + Lim



What a great shopping trip to refresh! Bangkok trip is always great because I get to shop and also get money from my pop-up online shop, Snatch & Go. Moreover because I have similar sense of style with Lim, it's easier to pick up a lot of clothes and bargain. Also, it's been a long time since the last time me and my fam went to Bangkok together. :)

5. Malaysia Trips (3 times!) for Astro Asian Battleground 2017



Yes, We became one of the finalists again in Astro Asian Battleground 2017! It was a great time. We got to know so many great dancers out there. The Desi Hoppers from India, The Nocturnal from Vietnam, Taiwan Waackers, and many more. And also, a personal reflection:

Before the showdown, we prayed together and encouraged each other. In that moment, I looked back and found myself in the past 8 years. "Someday, I want to be like them." That was the first sentence that came into my mind the first time I saw them. I was only a boy over-excited about Step Up 2 and tried a few clumsy steps in front of the TV. Being in Last Minute Street Crew, dancing together with @bingblink@missblmsc @wandsg was only what a newbie dancer could ever dream of. And then I came back to the present to the realization that somehow, it came true. Somehow, the universe conspires to let that 15 years old boy with random wish grow and find his way to this path. Dancing as one team with these dance inspirations in my teenage. Alongside @bobbyalcander & @e_dope19. Representing Indonesia in other country. Sharing hard work. Giving and risking. Materials. Health. Sweat. Pride. Tears. Joy. Gratitude. Thank you God. For letting that little boy live his dance dream. It's more than I could ever ask for.


Thank you dance, for being that Day 1. For showing me that dreams can come true. That growth is real. That I can survive from bullying. That I am worthy. That I can make friends. Taking me to a lot of places, getting to know different souls around the world with same passion. For filling my days with joy, fire, and pride.

And even though time might take dance away from me someday, I am forever in debt."


6. LMSC Dance Convention 2017



Another dance production by Last Minute Street Crew. The second one that I joined. Danced in 12 items, including Kayte Willis's part. Also to choreograph 2 items. Grateful for the chance and experience.

7. Falling for the wrong ones



I've learnt that many times, the effort of trying to see the good in people can be emotionally taxing. People don't change simply because you want them to or want to see them in a different way.
Inside every person, there is a person you don't know. Therefore, never expect. Just be kind, but also try and listen to what people don't say. See through those who really appreciate your presence and those who only need to maintain connection.

Surround yourself with people who make you feel that you matter, who give sincere support and have faith in you. Just as you did the same to them. Life is too short for disappointments. Be with those who match your capacity for love.



But in the end, always have the strength to stand on your own. Because people come and go, but you yourself is the only one who you'll be spending the rest of your life with.

8.



:)

9. Dance Life Development


Overall, I feel that I've been making good progress in 2017 (in terms of dance, but NOT freestyle haha), validated by some people's feedbacks. Atau sekedar GR aja ga tau juga yah.

So that's that.
Hello 2018!
Let's do great things.

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks