The Awesome STIKI Cup.

3:03:00 PM

These previous weeks, me with the O4 Crew have been busied with STIKI Cup. It's a basketball and dance competition in Malang by STIKI University. The first time we're offered to accompany our school's basketball team there, we rejected. But since they can't compete without a dance team and the other dance team can't go, we reconsider and finally decided to join. For the first day, I was so crazy 'cause only 4 of us can go while the minimum is 5. Then I asked a junior of mine to fill a space then we're set. We go to Malang more than twice a week for weeks. It's boring and bugging our schedules at first, but as the competition goes further, we started to enjoy it.

Along the period of the competition was the period of my final exam and I had to study little by little in my free times. Thank God I passed the math and biology test well though. I learned a little more about organizing time.. 2011 has been a year of time organizing for me. There were so many lessons learned, and I believe there's a lot more for me in the future. :)

But going to Malang back and forth made a little mess on my final exam though. Last Saturday, O4 Crew performed at Ubaya's broadcasting event at Grand City, and then we went straight to Malang that night 'cause there was another round accompanying the female and male bball team on big 8, or so we thought. Right before we go, the bball team told me that we only need to perform on Monday. But we already planned to crash in Malang from Saturday 'till Monday, so we did. Sunday were our free day, so we travelled around Malang; Illy's Cafe, BNS, blah3.. Then at night we went crazy by wearing those women maid costume.. Crazy times are always so much fun with O4 Crew. LOL



















On Monday, we danced at the big 8 of the dance competition, bringing back our DBL 2010 concept with only 5 persons. It was nice dancing that concept again, I love the marching band opening and things..awesome! Then suddenly I got info that I got in a case in school for skipping the final exam that day. Mehn, such a worry in a glory. So I won't get the perfect score on the exams. I don't really care, it's worth the time I spent with O4 Crew. :)

Then Wednesday was our last day there. We went there by force, and then we felt a little sad to stop dancing there. We met the other crew from Dempo Malang and Kepanjen. Just before we went to the floor, we thought, this is the final, we shouldn't come this far for nothing, and we should give the very best, 'till the last drop in this last dance in STIKI. 'Cause it's a rare chance to dance there. Then the dance started..
From the beginning of the dance we gave our best in power, emotion, expressions, and blah3. I felt it too, felt like it's been years since I gave that much to a performance. The hip hop, the krumping.. And the very shocking moment for me and the others were the contemporary part with the song Heart Speaks First. Right after the krumping part, the intro of the music plays, while the other does their part and I wait, I started to feel the tire of krumping, and I breathed heavily, heavily..and lost myself to the music. And I don't know how, but I started to cry in the dance! And I was like, WOW, it's the first time for me to cry in a dance. I never imagined I'd feel something like this in STIKI. It was the amazing moment of our performance.. And when the contemporary part's about to end..I tried and stopped my cradle, 'cause it's Garry's time!! LOL He did the icebreaker with "Jangan Ganggu Banci" song, unzipped his jacket, and got the gay soul! We got this idea the night before and it rocks! And the girls hip hop piece of Goodies by Lia which made me go sexy, and then the closing. It was a wonderful performance for us, since we got the soul of the music and it felt great inside.

Then the results are out.. 2nd place after SMAN Kepanjen! We're totally grateful that we got the chance to dance at STIKI. It's worth our time, our energy, everything. Nicely arranged by God!






Maybe this is my last competition with them. I hope not. But just maybe..

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks