O-Week and University Life

10:14:00 PM

I'm back! Been a while.
I've been away, getting all excited and busying myself about the start of my new book, The University Life!

So it started on 16th of July, the O-Week. Along the O-Week, I stayed in my friend's apartment in the west side of the city with my friends. Starting from Reivaldi. And as the event go, Peter and Grego joined for some nights. 4 of us together everyday, waking up, going home, staying late to do assignments, overslept, being late together.  I will NEVER forget those memorable times with them. I really love these people.

The 4 hangover males.
Along the O-Week, we are separated into groups. There were 84 groups and I'm in the group 62. Me, Monika, Ayu, Ozem, Dimas, Wawan, Elia, Fanny, and Novita. Each group has its adviser and I'm so glad we got Ko Kevin as ours! The first time I look at him, he's full of smile from the beginning to the end. Really represents a father! He may not talk much, but his long-lasting smile is enough to keep us company. "Papa"! That's how we call him. Along the adventure of O-Week, we started to bond. We may not be the best team, but I'm glad I'm in the team with each one of them! The team teaches me to be a good and responsible leader. And of course, they're my brothers and sisters along the 11 days. Thank you, guys. It's such a wonderful chance to be with each one of you!

Team 62! Huha!!
11 days. UC Plaza. FSD. Punishments. UC hymn. 7 spirits of entrepreneur. Steven. Stanley.
One of the most wonderful moments for me is the selling games and the closing ceremony.
In the selling games, I was a mascot in our merchandise stand. I acted as a robot there. I had to walk like one and it made me take some more time to walk. Not only a mascot, I was selling myself. haha. So people could buy in our stand and make me do things they want. From kayang, dancing, shuffling, to alay dancing, I would do anything. It was such a crazy, fun, and also a super tiring experience!


O-Week closing ceremony. God, this was the most galau-ing part for all of us. Along the night before, the morning, we felt galau, especially my roommates, we weren't going to sleep together again, wake up together, do essay and oversleep together. And also my team 62, we weren't gonna sit together again at UC Plaza with tons of other trainees, brainstorming about selling games, practicing for talent show, and everything. But a closing had to come. I came in the afternoon with my dance friends, the WILLOWS to run a stage rehearsal. (Willows? Okay, here's the short story. Me, Peter, Grego, and Beta were chosen to dance perform in the closing ceremony, so along the 11 days we practiced in the night, while other trainees did assignments, making us busier and staying later than the others. We maintained practicing and O-Weeking, and the practices made us close. We used Willow Smith's "Fireball" song for the ending and we made fun of the choreography. So, Willows were born! haha. And after the O-Week, Lia joined. They're my closest people now in the campus. :) ) Along the rehearsals, the FSDs (Force Security Department, the one insulting and being mean to us along O-Week) changed into normal people and we're a bit shocked. We never saw their smile but that day we saw the real them. Noticing us that the O-Week's ending. HAHH!!!! So the night started and everyone got dressed, pretty and handsome trainees all around. Everyone seemed different, and I was stunned by my own team 62. Not just their looks, it's that we're gonna end our daily togetherness soon. So the show began and we wore our almamaters, and we're officially inaugurated! :) I was very proud that night, of myself, of my team, of everyone. The flashmob was super dope, you can watch it here --> click. When the committees sang the "Curahan Hati O-Week" song, the apology and contemplating song from them to the trainees, I cried. They actually worked hard for us and then it's the finale of UC O-Week 2012 "Futurepreneur". They made the 11 days very meaningful for us. We as the 7th generation felt special and we're gonna be! 4 years again we'll be opening our time capsule, and I swore to myself I'd be able to be proud of myself when the time comes.:)

Me, Reivaldi, and Beta.

Psychology people, unclean version. hahaha

The WILLOWs.

Team 62! :)
I learned a real lot from these 11 days and got a real lot new people to get to know, and since it's REAL lot, I'm even confused sometimes! But this is it. New book, new place, new people. UC O-Week 2012 rocks! I'm proud of the event (compared to other campus's orientation week in my opinion! no offense.) and it's really something for the start of my new life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

University life starts!
It's been 2,5 weeks now and I love my campus a damn lot. My house is so far away from the place so I get used to be so lazy to go home, and I stay in my campus till late afternoon. It's not really a good habit though, remembering I have family at home. I'm still in the intention to balance it.
Psychology. At first I was a bit astonished with the fact that I have to read books, but then as the days passed, I started to love the materials being taught! Learning about human minds, id, ego, superego, Freud, everything feels right! I learned that now I have to be more responsible, especially with myself. It's not like school anymore. Real life's coming soon and this is the practice. And beside the subjects, I got crazy friends too in my class (It's only one class, because there are only 37 people of psychology.) We bind so fast and I had fun being with them!




and many more. I hope we bind more and more and be the craziest generation of UC PSY!

Other than that, The WILLOWs have been maintaining bond and here we are.



Cece Sutos pose.
Willow "Menurutmu?" pose
In sum of everything, I'm having a lot of fun in UC and I'm all excited everyday to go to campus. I'm excited about the assignments and things. But then I have to realize that it's making me neglect my other parts of life.
I also decided to dance less (after some quarrels and things going), but it is not good also if I focus too much in university life. I think I just have to balance more.
Just, thank GOD He lead me here! :)

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks