How I Spent My Christmas

1:36:00 PM

Hello everyone. As Christmas is not too far behind I would like to say Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrates!

I didn't feel any Christmas vibe at all throughout the month. I was busied by IDN CreativeFest
---------------------------------------------------

Speaking of IDN CreativeFest, it was an event by IDN Media. Formerly it was called Hyperlink Project. Me and Lia was entrusted to handle it. We worked for the event just the two of us, and it was a little too much to handle. haha in the end it wasn't perfect at all, but we did it anyway. Thank God!


William, Winston (Founders of IDN Media), Lia, Me


With the freelance crews
The whole experience made me learn a lot. How to deal with clients, guest speakers, vendors, and excute the event itself. The moment I enjoyed the most was execution day. Managing and coordinating people (freelance crew). I've always loved event execution. Seeing what you've prepared for some time turn into reality. It's priceless. I'm thinking about having my own event organizer one day. Not wedding or birthday, but youth events. It would be awesome!


--------------------------------------------------

So, back to Christmas. I was blank about what I wanted to do on Christmas. I thought about going to the church just like most people do. But my family was out of town and I was at home alone. My childhood church, Mawar Sharon, was distributing tickets before Christmas and I didn't request them. I was really unprepared at all for Christmas. So I decided to just duck at home and wait for the mood to go to church alone.

I started going through my things and decided to clean up before new year. When I was clearing my wardrobe, I thought hey, why not donate these? Charity. It's one of the kindest thing to do on Christmas. Going to church hasn't been my style lately anyway. So yeah, I started to take some of my clothes and put them in boxes. Then I thought, why not make this bigger? So I created this.


Not many people engaged with the post. Only about 2, 3, 4, and finally 10 people including myself on the next day. Well, it was too sudden anyway. Lia, Lim, Ko Edo, Hansen, and Bon helped executing it and here it is:



I changed my mind. 10 people were a lot. More than enough. My car was full with boxes. Can't imagine if I announced it earlier; I might need bigger truck. haha. So we went to 3 orphanages: Panti Asuhan Sejahtera, Panti Asuhan Az-Zahara, and Panti Asuhan Samaria. We had thought of distributing them to slums but we didn't have time to look for references and organize the distribution, so orphanage it was.

Panti Asuhan Muslim Az-Zahara.


Panti Asuhan Samaria





So our sudden charity was a wrap. I'm glad we've done this together. I promise there will be more ahead!

Lastly, here's a little Christmas greeting to you.


We might not have the same belief, but we have the same kindness inside. What's the reason not to share?

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks