Long Long Holiday.

11:32:00 PM

Hi!
4th semester is officially over! haha. It means I'm halfway of this university life. God, I'm old. Time flies too fast.

That doesn't mean my business is over. Maybe I'm literally not having any real summer holiday this year. Incoming project, incoming dance werks. I still have to arrange time like routines. But other than that, it is seen as an incredibly long break from college! May end-August mid. How amazing is that?

So to spend the holiday straightaway, me and my family went to Singapore. It's been one and a half year since the last time I go to that lion mermaid origin. First we went to Jakarta for a wedding, then the next day straightaway to the lion city throwdown.

It's 5 days of shopping. I planned to hold down on spending and have at least 1/4 saving of what I had. So my target was only jeans for daily use, and also wallet. Yes, I got the jeans, 2 pieces. Then one shirt. OK. A pair of shoes for daily use also. OK. Then this and that.
And the last day kinda ruined it. I found this awesome shorts with leather print and also gold zippers on the side. Mahn. It was more of my style than what I've seen the past 4 days! So without further ado, I ended up spending all of my possession.

What I realized in these days, is that Singaporean peoples' style isn't too catchy for my eyes like it was couple of years ago. A lot of them wear basics, 7/8 cut chinos, or shorties that almost looks like hotpants. And again, basics are the essential part of their wear. Been rounding Bangkok back and forth in the last 2 years, I find the styles there more interesting. Streetstyles are different here and there. Many wear striking apparels that are dare-worth. People are quite unique in combining here and there. So for sense of style, I personally like Bangkok more than here. Well for me, in Singapore it's about elegance but Bangkok is about wilderness. And I'm not really the elegant wearer. haha. But hair? Don't ask. Here is perfect.

Other than that, cleanliness perfect. Tidiness and assertiveness perfect. English? Damn. As usual I had a hard time in listening. I even feel that I understand Bangkok's English accent more than here. In Bangkok, they will mostly say only 3 words in incomplete sentence with messy grammar. But it's understandable since they expertise their body language to make people understand. Here? Great grammars, but confusing-for-me pronunciation.

So, to sum up, I now prefer traveling to Bangkok more than SG. I enjoy it more since they have great streetfoods also with a fair amount of price, also I can do great business while shopping, people with wild street styles, and also the feeling that your English is better than them. haha.

That's just me blabbing about Singapore and Bangkok and here is some good snaps.





And when I arrived in Surabaya, a crazy thing happened. I bumped to a girl I've been fanning over and over these past few months, and my friends kinda know I'm quite a fan. It's a girl on instagram. She's a pretty girl, but with slightly idiotic attitude that makes her famous. You know who she is. HAHA!

Yes. So I spotted her before immigration when I landed, and while Q-ing, I already prepared the cam, but I was thinking how to ask for photos together. It would be awkward if I just come to her and ask for a snap. But then her Q line wa over and she's past the counter. I was hoping she'd take another time waiting for baggage, but apparently she didn't. She went straight to the exit! I was anxious about losing the opportunity. So after I passed immigration, I left my baggage and exited the terminal, ran towards the entrance of the airport and found her walking with her family. I ran towards them, throwing all my shyness and asked her mom for a photo with her daughter. All the time I said "Kon uayu pol", and "omygod" over and over. It was awkward and I showed a lot of anxiousness. But it was worth it!




Yes, it's Devina Aurel. haha. Epic moment. I was looking all stupid and freakish with all that nervousness. :)
Anyway thank God it happened!


Such a good start for a long long holiday.
What's next?

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE TOO!

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks