The 7MSC.

9:14:00 PM

Last week, 23rd March was LMSC's 7th anniversary and they set an event to celebrate, including one on one allstyle battle which I joined. Many unfamiliar dancers came and it's cool! It's been a long time since I felt that kind of atmosphere. And things are different now for me, for me and the people around dance. :)

Prior to the event, I was practicing a lot at home. Aside the studies for school exams, I danced to a lot of musics, actually most of them are hip-hop since I focus on the genre hip hop, ignoring the fact that it was an allstyle battle. haha It's actually one of the reason I stopped advancing to the next round. I watched Now Thats Legit battles on YouTube also (only the ones with Da Street Soulz. LOL) And felt that I'm packed. Ready to go. I feel that I'm starting to getbetter at controlling nervous so I was waiting for that Friday.

That day came and there we go, from about 60 contestants, I advanced to the Top 16 with some other dancers including Yoko and Donna who are also from GPS. Thank God that the music on prelims was hip hop, and I was listening to a lot of hip hop musics so it's easier to predict beats. On Top 16, I battled with B-Boy Maverick (HBS), a dope big sized B-boy. More luck, I knew the song, and I hit the beats precisely. And since I was challenging a B-boy, I didn't feel any nervous and wasn't afraid of B-boy. haha So I passed. BUT THEN! Top 8 changed my list of dancers to be afraid of. I battled with B-boy Angga from SKJ, and I didn't feel any calmer. I felt like I should wipe him right away and it got me rushing in my dance. I forgot that the key to a nice freestyle is to be calm! It's not necessary to be all boiled. So I didn't get a lot of beat in the first music, and in the 2nd, it was funk and I sucked. hahaha. The b-boy was super calm and he hit good beats so I didn't advance. Then I learned something: "Never underestimate the power of b-boy".
Other than my battles, there were sick and scream-forcing battles. Every battles were dope, the 1on1 and the 3on3. In the end, the winner was B-boy Floorsick from SKJ and P-Nut from HBS as the runner-up. They were DOPE. The 3on3 battle was won by Angry Dawgs from Semarang and Fever Swag from LMSC as the runner-up. In the end,  the day really got my passion for dance relive again. I'm proud to be dancing, to be in the world of dance with the awesome people of dance. :) also proud of GPS Crew because we've been improving a lot! >:) And absolutely, thank you for Last Minute Street Crew to be sharing the opportunity for dancers in Indonesia, including me and GPS!

Here are some sneak peeks.








more here.


Wish LMSC all the best!

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks