Jakarta - Bandung Trip.

10:49:00 PM

I'm home from a long trip! Cirebon - Jakarta - Bandung - Jogjakarta. It's 9 days and my dad drove all the way from Surabaya and to Surabaya again. My dad used to do that when I was a kid, and it's been a long time until this time. My dad's not too young anymore, but he's strong! And I'm proud of him. I helped being a navigator, I'm a newbie in driving, still just about a month so I sat beside him and learned more to drive out of city. I accidentally slept a lot. hahaha but it's better than sleeping along the way like what I always did when I was a kid.

So it was a great family trip that we spent everyday and hours together, not like in Surabaya where we have our own business, and spend less time. Yeah, holiday with family always brings us closer. I get closer with my dad. Since I was a kid my relationship with my dad isn't the best dad-son relationship, so we get in quarrels a lot. But in this trip, I really really really really feel different. I realize my parents are getting older as the time flies. I don't know how much time left in this world I have with them (I sure hope it's a long long time!), and having this time with them around, I want every moment to be nice, and I want to make them proud of me always. I want them to be happy. I know I gotta throw away my ego since I'm getting older too. When we were kids, parents are always the one who try to understand us. Now that we're older, it's our turn to be the one who try to understand them. What I get now is I still need my parents more than I need anyone, even though I walked out sometimes and spend more time outside.

I planned to be neat on money in the trip, because I already spent a lot in the last Bali trip and there will be another trip coming. When I go to Mangga Dua, I wasn't really interested in anything. I used to be so wild in Mangga Dua because they have nice clothings with cheap price! But I wasn't, at all. I only eat sweet cup corns a lot. Then on the 2 out of 3 days, I searched for a shop I know, it's a shop there with GREAT sense of style.  It's hard to search for it though, it's kinda on the further back side. The owner picks the clothing from H&M, Levi's, Nudie, Topman, and he seems to be supplying the goods from Bangkok and Singapore. I don't really know if it's fake or discounted authentic items, they have moderate and fixed price but the shop really sells awesome things. Also there is always a Bangkok fashion magazine there that inspires. Just like Lookbook. There I got a Levi's denim shirt. And then I got a random denim shirt too around the building. When I went to Grand Indonesia, I saw a huge "1/2 PRICE SALE" poster and I can't help but to get in. There I saw an amazing shoes with aztec prints and I really wanted that shoes!! But it's not half-priced and  kinda tagged with a price not suitable with my wallet! haha. So I browsed in the half price things, and there were awesome shorts, chinos, 3/4 chinos! Just like what's in Lookbook. Also there was an aztec tank but the price is crazy and it's not manusiawi, at all. I was kinda galau about buying anything or not. Then I didn't buy anything for the time. But eventually, I bought a skinny chino in Paris Van Java's Topman in Bandung. And that's all I got from the trip. I started to have this new mind "Better few items with higher quality than more items with decent one"? Still, brand is not everything for me.



The Topman shoes that gave me eyegasm.



In Bandung, I stayed in my cousin's house like I always did since I was a kid and I got the chance to meet my nephews! :) Yeah, my big brother and his family lives in Bandung. My nephews are 2 boys, Marshiello Venuandra General and Maximillian Venualvaro General. The big brother, Marshiello is big enough now to call me uncle! hahaha. Shiello the loud and active one, and Maxim the silent and cool type. I played with them and I started to feel family love! I hope they come to Surabaya soon so I can play with them more, it should be a good uncle-nephew relationship.


Marshiello Venuandra General

Maximillian Venualvaro General
Then I went to TransStudio with my cousin, my sister and her friend along with her little sisters. I wasn't interested in the beginning, but then it really rocked my last day in Bandung! TransStudio is a great amusement, a marvelous indoor theme park! I enjoyed all the thrill rides and I took a lot of photos there.


Crazy mimegirl!
My favorite ride, the Giant Swing!



The bravest girl ever, Karin. She enjoyed the scariest rides!
















Really an experience I will never forget. TransStudio is the bomb!
A long and tiring road to Jogjakarta, and back home the next day. And sure, I'm getting a lot fatter from this trip!  Arggh should start exercising again.

How I eat in Bandung. For real.

From this trip I also know more about my cousin's personal life problem, and as a psychologist soon to be, I tell myself I will help them someday. Adds more to my life mission. Healing my own family, first of first. :)

Back home to Surabaya, I'm super busy with practices for competition, it's tomorrow at Gramedia Expo. I only practice for 3 days with GPS but I hope for the best! Other than dance competition, there is also MR. SiMPLE business, school documents, O4 dance at my teacher's wedding, and other smaller things. SG trip is getting closer along with O-Week so I hope I can manage time well with both! Also I need to make bucks fast!! I have no money at all in hands. =_=

You Might Also Like

2 feedbacks

  1. hahaha i bet you had a really family trip :D
    i touched with your words about your parents...after read it i just realize that my parents are getting older too ;'(
    anyway goodluck for the dance competition :) and be ready for O-week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!
      Yeah, we're always too busy to realize that in our daily basis ce. hehe
      I'm ready for O-Week!!! Don't be so mean ya. haha

      Delete