Jakarta Trip

8:47:00 PM

Let's get straight to a fast update!

My Jakarta trip (11-15 February) was a great shopping trip. Even the first day was very promising for the next days. I targeted some things in Mangga Dua and made a list of my hunted items. Obviously, I'm getting back to this fashion life. Been a long time since I neglected my fashion for dance passion. All this time I enjoyed wearing simple tees and shorts, basketball shorts, high top shoes. Here goes! In 2 days, I cleared my hunted items list 'till 3 left. And I started to love vintage there since I saw this shop named "Backstage" where they have so much fashion references for men on the wall and in a magazine. There's this khaki that looks so vintage-ish so I bought it and it started the vintage mind on my head. My sis told me that the khaki is a harem for men. The cuffs are to be rolled upward. And I saw a reference of the sets for this khaki. Wowie, the khaki really boosts my shopping targets. I got a vintage vest, a wood colored sneakers (I actually wanted to buy DC high top shoes other than this, but I wanted this Jakarta trip to be a fashion trip so I took this one) in Size?; it was the standing picasa web shop where I almost bought a shoe online there. A lot of shirts were attracting me. I used to hate shirts but I tried some and I love it! 3 shirts and 1 tee. Oh, I got punk'd to this one shirt, a really nice shirt I bought on the 2nd day cost me IDR 200.000, then when I came to Ko Aliong (He owns me and my mom's favorite shop, we always come here and got nice prices, we even can drop our shop bags here to walk freely :p) I saw the shirt with different color, and guess what, it cost only IDR 95.000! Dang! I lost IDR 105.000! For the only 1 tee? So not me. But really, I tried many tees and they didn't really fit me. I should really do some workouts and shape my body. :/

Saying workout, I mean I should really really do it. 'Cause the portion of foods I ate in Jakarta wasn't proper! Almost every time we ate, the others gave me their meals they're unable to finish. And on the third day, I planned not to eat 'cause my stomach hurted so much. haha.. As usual, we ate nasi uduk "Kota Intan", my first heaven of food in Jakarta. Then there's this one reason I couldn't really eat on the 2nd day, nasi goreng randang! It was Padang, and it's not good in your tummy! I could almost vomit if I think of it. haha.. Then what I love as well is bakmi "A boen" at Gang Kelinci. The last time I went there I was still a kid. The bakmi tastes great, despite the fact that I don't really like mie. And in Mangga Dua, the depot Medan we always used to eat. Wowie, so dang lots of food I love there. The snacks were delighting as well, the sweet corns all over Mangga Dua that's always been my target, and Takoku Takoyaki in front of Ko Aliong's MEN Shop that I love. Melted beef and cheese. Hmm.

I visited my dad's family near Jakarta. My grandma's feet were getting sore so we came. There's not so many people here like the usual condition if we visit. This little family gathering is delightful for me, despite the conditions there. I kinda started to feel the value of family. I started to smile along the conversations. Even when me and the girls were going to leave for the mall (my dad stayed there), I thought "Huh? Leaving already? Isn't this too fast?". Really, I learned and felt some valuable resolutions here. When you're older, you start to understand the value of family. You cannot hate one of your family members. Even if you say you do, deep inside you can't. There's just a strong bloodline. It's not about wealth, different race/ethnic, or the conditions. Family is family. Then that day, in the mall I held my mom all along, valuing her, and when the night came I hugged both my parents. I wanted to give them love I could rarely show. I love them even if I get lost in my own business most of the time. I want to make the time I have with them valuable.

That's about trip to Jakarta. The last 2 days were raining heavily. Maybe the capital city felt hard to let me go? haha.. See you later, busy city.

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks