Reflecting 2014.

4:41:00 PM


Who would've thought we survived this far? We thought 2012 was the end of the earth. We even watched the movie. And here we are in the dawn of 2015. We survived, still breathing.

Speaking of surviving, these days have gloomy vibe since the tragedy of AirAsia plane. Some bodies have been found but #whatifthereisstillhope? People started saying rest in peace to everyone, I started to send my deep condolences to the victim. But really, there might be just a little spark of hope in this accident. Here are some craziest history of survivors in sea (as the accident happened around the area of sea) http://listverse.com/2012/02/16/top-10-sea-survivors/, maybe you'd like to checkout.. That's how strong human instinct is to survive. Maybe there are miracles like this. As long as the families and friends don't give up, maybe we should not put their hopes down. Hope can be the only thing making humans go on in their times of misery.

That's my say about QZ8501.
 


2014 has been a nice ride.
Here are some of my trackbacks of 2014, based on my Instagram Kaleidoscope:

TRIPS
1, Lombok (January)
2. Bandung (February)
3. Bangkok (March)
4. Jakarta (May)
5. Singapore (May)
6. Bali (December)
7. Batu allover the year (My family has a little house there)

FIRST TIME IN LIFE
1. Stepped foot in Lombok
2. Went holiday abroad completely with my own saving
3. Went to Bangkok without my family
4. Surgery (tonsillectomy)
5. Became a member of Student Council
6. Became an event president (UC Art Night and Charity)
7. Hung out with high school uniform after graduate
8. Stepped foot in Pantai Goa Cina
9. Participated in election
10. Having '2' as the head of my age
11. Reunion with AOG crew
12. Got a fresh money scholarship
13. Dyed my hair obvious green
14. Dyed my hair obvious purple
15. Dyed my hair myself

ACHIEVEMENTS
- GPA 3.86 in semester 4 (back up from 3.58, praise The Lord!)
- GPA 3.66 in semester 5 :(
- Inaugurated as a member of Student Council UC
- Joined Last Minute Street Crew
- Pembangunan Jaya Scholarship
- Invented a newborn event
- Ticked one of the year's resolution: "better relationship with people close to me" :)
- Changed my hair color (yes I am proud of it)
- Realizing some crazy shit about being 20 and still being haunted

The most notable moments were UC Art Night and Charity 2014 and succeeding in the resolution "better relationship with people close to me".

UC Art Night and Charity made me feel "content" as a human because I created something out of myself. I also worked so hard with the committees in the event, even in holiday. To be honest, I had no real holiday at all that time. haha. The others were having the longest holiday in history: 3 months. We didn't have the chance. But a friend of mine said that productivity is one of the vital trait of being alive. In the end, everything was worth it. :) I was motivated to create something more in the future.

Better relationship? Mom, dad, my sister. And the bigger family. I storytelled before about my emotion-problem in my house. I managed to handle it. This December, just after I was free from semester 5, I started to rewire myself to spend more time with them, and take deep breaths a lot before reacting to every "trigger". haha. I managed to smile a lot with them and enjoy every moments. It also became a lesson of mindfulness for me, as I try to relish every moment that I can spend with them. I was also able to overcome my awkwardness toward my bigger family. I was surprised myself that I didn't put that much hatred into the moment and even enjoyed it. Maybe it's called growing up.

I also closed a love book. It was not a regret. It was a nice new adventure after all those years without touching this aspect of live. I would like to say thank you to someone who played part in it. I hope we can find our own better and more wonderful book ahead of us.

Shameful to admit, I failed in other resolutions:
1. Be a major life learner again (I was forgetting this throughout the year)
2. Achieve mindfulness (still learning about) and self-control (total failure)
I am continuing these two in this year.

Thank you, Lord for this year of blessing.

You Might Also Like

0 feedbacks